@ Work Office Tips to Increase Productivity
Office Tips Bradford for @ home or in a commercial workspace.
Schedule time in your calendar.
- Everything requires a place in your schedule so that it will get completed.
Do fewer things — better.
- Be sure to give yourself enough time to get everything done.
I’ve been putting a lot less into my calendar each day and I feel amazing as I’m not rushed. I learned to treat myself the way I treat my clients-under promise and over deliver…everyone is happy including me.
Set up a 15-minute appointment with yourself at the end of your office day to clear your desk.
I love how I feel when I walk by my home office and the desk is clear and everything is away…like the rest of my home. Very calm and peaceful.
- Everything from business appointments, a coffee meeting to kid’s routines.
Working from home
- Allow for the teens to pop their head(s) into your office to let you know they’re home. For younger kids plan to take a break for 15 – 30 minutes to ask about their day, have a snack and get them started on homework.
- Let voice mail answer the call unless it’s urgent.
My voicemail says I will call the next business day. 95% of the time I call the same day but this strategy allows me to stay focus and be more productive.
- If you struggle with this turn off the phone’s ringer.
- Have a few times during the day to listen to voicemails and take the necessary action i.e. schedule it in.
Schedule a consistent time each day to answer emails. Avoid checking email on demand.
TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS
Schedule time to handle social media.
i.e. creating posts, posting, liking, sharing, recommending.
Organize your to-do list every day.
- Break your projects into bite site pieces so you’re not overwhelmed.
Use decorative boxes and bins to keep yourself organized.
- Great for open shelves, bookcases and cubbies.
I have clients who have a few on hand to hide files/work that they want to continue but they don’t want clients/visitors coming into their office to see those items. So, they hide the work in the boxes/bins. This allows you to focus on that individual and it makes them feel that their time is valued. Make it all about them.
Add plants, a few photos, artwork or decor
- Make your space warm and inviting.
A few other office tips Bradford reminders…let in natural light and add good lighting like track lights so you can direct light where you need it.
Need help setting up your office or creating systems that work