Home Staging Tips – Infographic
Home Staging Tips to Sell Your Home for Top Dollar. And If you are not selling or moving you can use a few of these Home Staging tips to do an interior redesign without breaking the bank.
- Declutter & De-personalize.
- Allow the beauty and bones of your home to be seen by potential home buyers and by home inspectors. Home inspectors will not move anything in your home so make sure that they have clear access to things like your electrical panel, furnace, etc.
- Remove all your personal photos. Potential buyers want to envision themselves living in your home. If the spaces need to be filled accent with art work and décor
- Bring in colour with accents like pillows, rugs and art.
- If painting stay neutral by using Historic colours. Add colour with pillows, throws, bedding, home décor and art. This livens up the space, however, it is not permanent.
- Brighten up.
- Open all the window coverings for viewings. Only keep those closed or partially open i.e. blinds turned when you are distracting potential buyers from how close you might be to the house next door. Like when you are looking directly into a neighbour’s window.
- Lighten by replacing heavy objects with light compact ones.
- Consider removing over-sized, worn out or out-dated pieces of furniture. Replace with ones that are smaller and more modern. If this is a difficult option price wise, use slip covers that are neutral in colour to make couches and chairs look more modern. Update kitchen and dining room chairs in this way as well.
- Add fresh flowers to bring the beautiful outdoors in.
- Fresh flowers and plants liven up a home. However, do avoid over doing it. Less is more in some situations. This can be high maintenance and a high cost for your budget. Buying some nice quality artificial plants are an affordable and no maintenance option. HomeSense is a great place to pick up nice pieces for good prices. And you can take them to your new home.
- When buying any new pieces of décor, coverings or furnishings think about items that will fit and look good in your new home.
Feeling overwhelmed even with these Home Staging Tips.
2 Options Available: