- October 30, 2014
- Posted by: mharlos
- Category: Business Organization, Office Organization
Setting up a Home Office is an Absolute Must for Your Business.
Here are Seven strategies that will make your home office experience more productive and rewarding:
1) Select a dedicated workspace. If possible, select a room with a door to block out distractions for your home office. When possible, locate it near the main entrance or a separate entrance to your home if clients and suppliers will be visiting frequently.
2) Choose your office furniture carefully. You want to create a space that is comfortable, productive and efficient. Choose storage products that are flexible whether you choose built in systems or free standing components. And ensure that your space is well lit.
3) Purchase office equipment based on your needs. Consider all-in-one equipment with fax, printer, copier and scanner functions to save money and space. Invest in a business phone line with voice mail. A dedicated business land line or business wireless plan allows you to relax when you close your business for the day.
4) Set a schedule and stick to it. Early or late riser? Business or casual? Find the routine that works for you and keep it. Set daily goals to stay on track. Schedule breaks including coffee with a friend.
And now for stuff that is outside the office set up but important for your
6) Plan your outings. Schedule similar things together. i.e. if you have to go to the grocery store, post office and dry cleaner each week, and they’re all within close proximity of each other; schedule those three errands back-to-back on the same day.
7) Take time to network. When you are an entrepreneur in business for yourself, often you are on your own. This does not mean that you are alone. Get out of your office and interact with friends and associates on a regular basis. Join a networking group. Wings and Heros, BNI, just to name a few. Some are formal, informal, free … Choose ones that meet your business and scheduling needs.