Christmas Organization with 6 Easy Tips
Does Christmas Organization conjure up feelings of stress?
Christmas Organization ~ Worrying about shopping for the children and family, decorating the home and keeping it up. Hosting celebrations, attending parties and so forth takes lots of hard work and energy. I’m getting stressed as I have a flash back to the past. All those parties or after work drinks and celebrations that are so often expected of us OR that we think are expected of us.
Christmas can be a great time to celebrate,
re-kindle old friendships and visit with neighbours.
First of all, be realistic. I have said this before and I am saying it again. You are not superman or superwoman! And honestly, no one expects this of you – except YOU. Be kind to yourself this holiday season and follow these Six Christmas organization tips to make this season a joyous one for you and your family.
Six Christmas Organization Tips to Simply your Holiday
Choose to do a few things, do them well
and enjoy yourself this holiday season.
2. Mark the dates of these things to do or events in your calendar.
3. Make a list of all the tasks that need to be done and break them into mini tasks. i.e. pick up decorations, purchase or create invitations and so on.
4. Prioritize these items to complete.
5. Schedule in all the mini tasks to complete in the weeks or days prior to the event. Schedule similar activities together. Try to group tasks and location to minimize the amount of time you spend running back and forth. Most importantly, saving you time, gas and grief.
6. Managing your time. You manage your time not anyone or anything else. Avoid the stress and drama by allowing yourself plenty of time to complete tasks. When you run into life’s hiccups you can easily overcome them as you have time to manage them. This means scheduling plenty of time to deal with weather, road conditions, extra long line-ups in the stores, full parking lots, etc.
Due to Christmas, and everyone is out shopping, going to parties and so forth,my suggestion, allow yourself 1/4 more time to complete similar tasks you do during the rest of the year.
Creating to do lists, setting concrete times to complete tasks, keeping your family informed of your decisions and your schedule are just a few things you can do this season to make your Christmas Organization and the pre-season activities fun!
Feeling overwhelmed about organizing or
decorating your home for the holidays.