- January 31, 2014
- Posted by: mharlos
- Category: Business Organization, Home Organization
Planning out your day is one of the most important things you can in time management to increase your efficiency and productivity.
Time management is a skill and something you get better at as you practice it.
1. Plan your day on paper for both home and the office. Create a ‘To Do list’ with the specific tasks that need to be completed. For those using technology use a calendar that is accessible across all your devices. And don’t forget to include in your plan how much time you will need to do them. Prioritize what items are the most important to get done first. I give priority to clearing those things out of the way that I don’t like to do. I work on saving the best for last. Just one solution to avoid procrastinating. It’s easy to use the excuse that now I’m too tired, because we all know that we make time for the things we enjoy.
2. And now √check it off your list.
Enjoy the sense of accomplishment.
3. Include Meal Planning into your time management to make healthy eating a piece of cake.Once you determine what you are going to have for dinner for the week, you can make a list and pick up all of your needed groceries well ahead of time. Schedule the meals that take a little bit longer to prepare, on those evenings when your schedule is not too full, and schedule quick meals on those nights when you have a limited amount of time. Better yet, pre-cook your meals and freeze them in ready to serve containers. You save money when you are not buying pre-packaged food. And home cooked is most often the healthier solution.
4. Set goals and deadlines. Once you come up with your goals, simplify them by breaking them into mini-goals, with a deadline for each.Watch your time. Remember to schedule how much time you feel is required to complete each task. Set a timer to keep you on track. Smart phones have all kinds of gadgets and apps. Find one that works for you.
If you know you’re doing the most important things for you, that cuts out a whole lot of potential guilt and worry. I stress important to you…this is your list of things. It only matters what you value as important to you and your family.