- July 9, 2015
- Posted by: mharlos
- Category: Moving
Moving can be and often is stressful even under the best of situations.
Creating a plan that works for you, your children, your parents or other loved ones is extremely helpful in simplifying the move process.
A moving plan as well as a Moving Day Survival Kit will ensure a smooth moving day for all.
Label items and pack them into your personal vehicle so you can access them easily:
• Keys to new home – provided by Lawyer or Landlord on the day you take possession
• Medicines – place in plastic containers or zip locks and label only those required for approximately 3 days
• Bottled water
• Cheque book – to pay movers or other services
• Bathroom basics – Pack an overnight bag of appropriate amounts for each bathroom and number of people in the home. Towels, soap, toiletries, hair brushes, cosmetics, hair care, tooth paste and brushes.
• Tool kit – Screwdriver, cordless drill, power cord, hammer, nails, screws and plugs
• Box cutter and scissors
• Plastic garbage bags – various sizes
• Light bulbs – pack various sizes
• Kitchen basics – bin of essentials needed for meals i.e. plates, flatware, cutting knife, mugs
• Cleaning basics – dish soap, dish towels, paper towels, Lysol wipes
• Flashlight with new batteries
• Address book
• Extra eye glasses
• Telephone/Cellular Phone
• Change of clothes for 2-3 days.
Moving your family, downsizing your home or Downsizing a Seniors home can be hard work.
To help you with the transition utilize the tips and recommendations in my blog to help you in those areas.
Click on the following to get blog posts to help you:
As well download my free closet report to help you clean out your closets while packing and to help you set up closets in your new home.